tl;dr – I left France in 2016 (after a burnout and a depression) and am now living near Cotonou in Benin, a country I started visiting in 2009 to produce music (Brass Bands mainly). When I moved, I stopped working in the « musicbiz », and started evaluating new business opportunities with my Beninese wife. When she died in 2019, I went back to my consulting job, but towards Sub-Saharan Africa, Francophone mainly.
Abomey-Calavi, Bénin Rep.
Independant Consultant / Freelance
What do you do?
Help African businesses and startups in Change Management & Digital Transformation. Remotely during this pandemic, of course…
Need help? Contact me here.
And right now?
- 2 new blog posts in French, part 1 & part 2, about digital transformation management in Africa: « Réaligner le développement digital de l’Afrique sur ses besoins réels ».
- Posting on my Music Education…
- Helped a friend for her Men’s clothes e-shop.
- Did a few AMAs on Twitter, trying to help Beninese wannabe entrepreneurs.
- Publishing content around entrepreneurship in French here.
- Using Revue for a new way to push my newsletter.
- Launched an eShop & crowdfunding site (in French mainly) to help support the work in progress on my idea/project.
- Published 3 posts (in French) on the future of telecoms in Africa, mainly about MVNOs : 1 – 2 – 3
Future & ongoing…
- Started a long blog post on the future we’re heading to post-COVID19 (Yes I know…). 3 parts are already online: 1 – 2 – 3
- Updating the African Music Forum when I find music I feel (almost 2000 posts as of today…)
- Looking for opportunities in Bénin 🇧🇯 ,Togo 🇹🇬 or Remote 🌍: change management, digital transformation, marketing or general management… Contact-me here or via LinkedIn.
- Writing some « Blockchain 101 » posts: part 3, part 4 & part 5.
Now: Launching 2 series on the blockchain ecosystem, the NFT scam and the problem of energy & cryptocurrencies.
- Managing digital marketing for friends such as Steve Shehan.
- Launched a Web3Now website, to publish tweets, memes, links… on our cryptofuture… Ongoing process…
- Started a Crypto/Web3 dictionary in French. 3 parts are already online: assets, value and money each contain many entries. More to come…
- Read my translation to French of Amy Castor & David Gerard post on the crypto crash.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter « Idées Courtes » (in French) on LinkedIn.
Now on the blog
- George Clooney covered…
- Yayoi Kusama’s interactive Obliteration Room
- Pandémie ? (2/n)
- Dictionnaire Crypto & Web3
- Bitcoin et ses racines philosophiques
- J’ai toujours écrit…
Now On Twitter
This page is inspired by Derek Siver’s nownownow.com project